Do you need your customers and employees to understand your industry’s products, procedures and/or processes? Then the best way is to provide an engaging training course. That course can be developed and delivered in a variety of online full or micro lessons. Each of our training solutions can be designed and developed by our experienced and innovative staff, to ensure the learning objectives, unique to your business, are achieved through training that utilizes best practices in training development and delivery. By including techniques to appeal to learners who learn through different sensory mechanics, all learners can be successful. By integrating video, audio and appealing interactivity, all learners can accomplish your established goals.
This variety of techniques and training components allow SDI Global instructional designers to utilize the best training solutions, including self-directed learning techniques, to get the quickest and most effective results for your audience. While instructor led training has always been the norm, more and more online and mobile training has grown to be the training of choice.
Take a look at some of the different types that SDI Global can develop to meet your course development needs. During the analysis phase we can make suggestions as to the best delivery method which will determine the course style as well as set up the process for webinars, seminars and delivery for a global audience. We can also guide and suggest the appropriate delivery methodology or a Learning Management System (LMS) which can contain, deliver and assess the learner’s progress.
Online Course or Delivery via a Learning Management System (LMS)
Three types of engagements are: Rapid Development, Full Function and Advanced Development and Function.
Rapid Development Course - Short development cycle, usually a brief content with little audio or engaging interactions. Used for making a quick knowledge point – or a new or modified function of a device or a new method of a business process.
Full Functioning Course – Full development course defining new or updated procedures, processes or policies that need to be addressed by customers or employees. Will include full multimedia (video, audio and interactivity) to fully engage and instruct the learner.
This style course covers a longer or more complicated topic and requires deeper explanations, time to analyze and engage in the content and measurements of the learning at different points within the course.
Fully Advanced Course – Course that includes a high level of engagement and interactivity for the learner. Will include a variety of scenarios, animations, simulations and the capability for external linkage to content or information not included directly in the course schema, such as outside web pages, other documents available for expanding the students’ knowledge, such as the actual product manual or product glossary.
Mobile-Learning for Tablet or Mobile Phone
The Fully-functioning course mentioned above can be published device independent, converted to Mobile-Learning or based on the course topic. It may start as a mobile course initially and grow into a full course.
Finding the best suited topics for quick access, because of its small portions of content, could make a topic right for mobile delivery. Some Full Functioning courses that cover a broad avenue of information, can be candidates for division into various micro-lessons which can be delivered online or mobile. These micro lessons allow the learner to take segments of a topic and deliver them as time allows.
Some course topics are naturally suited to be mobile courses. Many YouTube videos are actually 5-6 minutes, instructor-led micro lessons where the learner follows the YouTube video to fix or repair some home or business product, learn how to add code to a program or set-up a new device. The topics are endless.
While instructor-led learning seems to have taken a back seat to online and mobile learning, there are still avenues where having an instructor guiding the learner is needed or requested. Instructor-led learning can be also be delivered online or in a workshop, seminar or webinar.
In those situations, structuring the content takes on a bit of a different focus. Creating the course corpus usually requires the very creation of structured content which may include an Instructor Guide and a Student Guide along with scenarios, case studies, exercises and various types of learning checks. Many online college courses are fully or semi instructor-led where the student captures their instructions or materials from the online LMS and communicates, directly with the instructor, during the course hour or by using the chat function during or after the course. Zoom is one of the newest methods of serving up instructor-led courses online.
Understanding the Difference
At SDI Global, we assess the delivery requirement and the audience before suggesting the right method of learning required to meet our customers’ needs. Then we;
- Review the impact of the initiative on the organization to visualize early design suggestions, to assess any gaps in the areas of productivity, QA and employee satisfaction.
- Create an outline to describe the performance objectives, to determine the learning experience, and to define the instructional outline. This will guide the alignment with the business outcomes through the design of the course.
- Gather the content to make real connections between the organization and the analysis process of the best method of utilizing the content. Based on the definition of the expectation of the outcome of the learning process, the content Is analyzed and organized to determine how it will be incorporated into the learning outline and process and how it can be encapsulated to provide the learner with an engaging learning experience.
- Define the exact actions within the learning engagement that will lead to the overall behavior change to the learner (how to assess the learning was captured).
- The final step is to provide a performance measurement that will determine that the training delivered met the expectation of the customers, the learner and the company’s initiatives and goals. There are various measures that can be implemented from testing to taking a survey to demonstrating their proficiency.
The following are examples of various types of lesson.
Click to see a segment of each course.
HP IOT Course
4 States of Change
ADDIE Model Training